Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Votes - 2.89 Average
CUBE + problem with app connection
August-12-2016, 05:18
CUBE + problem with app connection
The smartphone recognize and it is connected with the CUBE+ wifi but the app says that there's not any cam connected....(this problem is the same with an IPHONE 4S or Android smartphone...).
Any ideas ? (I also tried to reset the cam and to reset the wifi connection.....)
Many thanks in advance.

RIK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
September-01-2016, 03:27
RE: CUBE + problem with app connection
HI

Yes, i have the same but with iOS10.
I am usinf iPhone 6s.

Cheers
September-17-2016, 08:01
(August-12-2016 05:18)panchovilla Wrote:  The smartphone recognize and it is connected with the CUBE+ wifi but the app says that there's not any cam connected....(this problem is the same with an IPHONE 4S or Android smartphone...).
Any ideas ? (I also tried to reset the cam and to reset the wifi connection.....)
Many thanks in advance.

RIK

Did you figure or fix issue? Just received my Cube + and having same exact issue.
September-17-2016, 11:39
I'm trying to activate a new cube and having the same problem iphone 6s with most recent update. Any suggestions?
September-19-2016, 13:00
I'm having problems connecting cube to app it says wifi connected thanks
September-20-2016, 03:30
The Cube App does not work on iOS 10. This has apparently been known since the Beta of iOS 10 was released. Unfortunately I purchased my Cube+ last week and now am left feeling cheated. If Polaroid had made an announcement that they were aware of the issue and were working on a solution then it would go a long way to satisfying users. Instead they continue selling a device that relies on a phone connection for full functionality when that connection doesn't work. Prime example of how to devalue your own brand name!

As a work-round we have a limited window to downgrade our phones to iOS 9. Naturally if one knew the problem would be fixed in the next few days then this isn't worth doing but in the face of silence from Polaroid (not even a statement that they are working on a fix has been made) then that may be the best short term solution.
September-21-2016, 00:25
Having the same issue Sad
I would have happily dished out the near $700 for GoPro if I knew this was going to happen.

When I contacted Polaroid support in Australia - I was told to "google" how to fix it.
Are you serious!?

Anyway.. I found the support email on the American Poloaroid ste and it appears to be the same people who developed the application.
cspolaroid@camarketing.com

Bombard them with emails.
September-22-2016, 06:48
what a shame!
I updated my iPhone to iOS10 without knowing this issue.
Let's wait for a fix from Polaroid.

(September-20-2016 03:30)Oxraven Wrote:  The Cube App does not work on iOS 10. This has apparently been known since the Beta of iOS 10 was released. Unfortunately I purchased my Cube+ last week and now am left feeling cheated. If Polaroid had made an announcement that they were aware of the issue and were working on a solution then it would go a long way to satisfying users. Instead they continue selling a device that relies on a phone connection for full functionality when that connection doesn't work. Prime example of how to devalue your own brand name!

As a work-round we have a limited window to downgrade our phones to iOS 9. Naturally if one knew the problem would be fixed in the next few days then this isn't worth doing but in the face of silence from Polaroid (not even a statement that they are working on a fix has been made) then that may be the best short term solution.
September-28-2016, 14:05
Here's what I did to get mine to work (iPhone 7 Plus, 10.0.2)

Connected to Cube+ Wifi, then wen into the IP settings of the connection (click the "i")

Enter the DNS address MANUALLY: 192.72.1.1 (yours may be different, just copy the GATEWAY address)

Hope that works.

D

(September-22-2016 06:48)lfabresm Wrote:  what a shame!
I updated my iPhone to iOS10 without knowing this issue.
Let's wait for a fix from Polaroid.

(September-20-2016 03:30)Oxraven Wrote:  The Cube App does not work on iOS 10. This has apparently been known since the Beta of iOS 10 was released. Unfortunately I purchased my Cube+ last week and now am left feeling cheated. If Polaroid had made an announcement that they were aware of the issue and were working on a solution then it would go a long way to satisfying users. Instead they continue selling a device that relies on a phone connection for full functionality when that connection doesn't work. Prime example of how to devalue your own brand name!

October-03-2016, 05:56
I wrote to Polaroid 4th times and always the same answer:

Sep 22, 10:25 AM ADT

Hello Marcin J,

Thank you for contacting us! Our developers are still in the process of trying to resolve this matter as quickly as they can.

We sincerely do apologize about this inconvenience this has caused.

:/
They were aware of thisproblem more than a month ago, still the issue is not fixed. Sad
October-03-2016, 07:12
Same to me.
I got the same answer Angry

(October-03-2016 05:56)janekfcb Wrote:  I wrote to Polaroid 4th times and always the same answer:

Sep 22, 10:25 AM ADT

Hello Marcin J,

Thank you for contacting us! Our developers are still in the process of trying to resolve this matter as quickly as they can.

We sincerely do apologize about this inconvenience this has caused.

:/
They were aware of thisproblem more than a month ago, still the issue is not fixed. Sad
October-04-2016, 05:05
This what Mackoo wrote in anouther topic works!!
Why Polaroid could not send me this workaround :/....?

Solution:

Connected to Cube+ Wifi, then go into the IP settings of the connection (click the "i")

Enter the DNS address MANUALLY: 192.72.1.1 (yours may be different, just copy the GATEWAY address)
October-27-2016, 03:24 (This post was last modified: October-27-2016 03:34 by Oxraven.)
iOS 10.1 and the fix no longer worked for me at first. However after forgetting the WiFi connection and setting it up again all was OK. This may save some head-scratching if you have the same issue.

(October-04-2016 05:05)janekfcb Wrote:  This what Mackoo wrote in anouther topic works!!
Why Polaroid could not send me this workaround :/....?

Solution:

Connected to Cube+ Wifi, then go into the IP settings of the connection (click the "i")

November-08-2016, 06:34
Hey! A new update for the app is the App Store... let's check it!Surprised

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
Sad Lens Problem APCDC 1 851 November-22-2016 17:17
Last Post: wesawin
  Big Problem: ERASE CUBE+ 0alexita 0 1,263 September-25-2016 04:28
Last Post: 0alexita
  Problem: In search of lost files ( PolaroidCube.app.zip ) Gnow 1 1,132 July-06-2016 16:36
Last Post: Gnow
  Lens problem fabiomesqneto 0 1,454 June-09-2015 09:44
Last Post: fabiomesqneto
  PolaroidCube.exe problem stopped working OneBadCube 3 4,486 February-26-2015 18:05
Last Post: Karakuş

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807