Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Camera won't install, manual is no help
January-16-2017, 13:52 (This post was last modified: January-16-2017 13:59 by Blue Lightning.)
Sad Camera won't install, manual is no help
I got a polaroid cube for christmas and have been trying to get it to install for a few days now. I've tried plugging it in both with and without an SD card and with and without the camera being fully charged. Every time I plug it in, no matter what, I get a message saying "Please insert a disk into (DSmile." Also, the camera won't take pictures or record video at all, nothing happens when I press the button. It only responds when I hold it down to turn it on and off. I'm using a lenovo yoga laptop running windows 10. It's less than a year old. Google hasn't been super helpful and I'm completely stumped.

EDIT: The card I'm using is a Lexar 300x 64GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
March-13-2017, 14:20
RE: Camera won't install, manual is no help
(January-16-2017 13:52)Blue Lightning Wrote:  I got a polaroid cube for christmas and have been trying to get it to install for a few days now. I've tried plugging it in both with and without an SD card and with and without the camera being fully charged. Every time I plug it in, no matter what, I get a message saying "Please insert a disk into (DSmile." Also, the camera won't take pictures or record video at all, nothing happens when I press the button. It only responds when I hold it down to turn it on and off. I'm using a lenovo yoga laptop running windows 10. It's less than a year old. Google hasn't been super helpful and I'm completely stumped.

I had the same problem...I tried everything and nothing worked..I tried 2 diff cables I had in the drawer and still no luck. On a whim, I ordered a new one from Amazon, just plugged in the cube... the drivers installed and it is working once again!! Here is tthe cable I orderd https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4...UTF8&psc=1
April-09-2017, 13:53
RE: Camera won't install, manual is no help
(March-13-2017 14:20)elmerjfudd Wrote:  
(January-16-2017 13:52)Blue Lightning Wrote:  I got a polaroid cube for christmas and have been trying to get it to install for a few days now. I've tried plugging it in both with and without an SD card and with and without the camera being fully charged. Every time I plug it in, no matter what, I get a message saying "Please insert a disk into (DSmile." Also, the camera won't take pictures or record video at all, nothing happens when I press the button. It only responds when I hold it down to turn it on and off. I'm using a lenovo yoga laptop running windows 10. It's less than a year old. Google hasn't been super helpful and I'm completely stumped.

I had the same problem...I tried everything and nothing worked..I tried 2 diff cables I had in the drawer and still no luck. On a whim, I ordered a new one from Amazon, just plugged in the cube... the drivers installed and it is working once again!! Here is tthe cable I orderd https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4...UTF8&psc=1

Try a different micro SD card. The manual states, you cannot use anything over 32GB. I only had a 64GB Sandisk card at first the camera wont install at all. I hear Windows 10 beep when its plugged in so I know the camera is detected. I looked around for any microSD card around my house and found an old 4GB card inserted in a video camera I have. I tried installing that and sure enough, saw the app in the drive letter Windows assigned to it and was able to install the app and the camera.

So try a different microSD card first 32GB or less that it should work.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  camera blinking orange and red pbevilaqua 1 1,788 May-10-2016 19:48
Last Post: pbevilaqua
  Waterproof case came apart, Lost Camera 03RRDenver 0 1,185 March-31-2015 09:13
Last Post: 03RRDenver
  Micro SD/Memory card stuck in camera maria 4 6,262 December-29-2014 22:53
Last Post: jbjiii
  Card stuck in camera!! maria 0 1,830 December-25-2014 17:30
Last Post: maria

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807