Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 91 Votes - 2.37 Average
Computer doesn't see the cube
December-21-2014, 15:53
Computer doesn't see the cube
Hello there,

I recently received a Cube and I'm eager to use it. The weird thing is, when I connect it to a computer, it doesn't show up on the desktop or anywhere. I've tried it on two computer, one Mac (Yosemite) and one PC (8), and I've tried a different usb cable, thinking that it may have been the cause. The memory card is in, so it couldn't be that.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
December-22-2014, 15:48
RE: Computer doesn't see the cube
have you tried to put the micro-sd card in the computer separated from the cube?
and do you have a class 10 card in it? and when you set the cube on and take a video does the red led starts blinking or not?
December-23-2014, 17:17
Thanks for the response, in answer to your question:

I did try the micro-sd card in just a reader and saw the .zip file there. So that's good! And yes, it is a Class 10 card.

The issue now is that the cube does nothing. It's been plugged into the computer and whether the plug is connected, or not, holding the top button down does nothing. Tapping the button a number of times does nothing. No light ever comes on. That's bad.

(December-22-2014 15:48)jaxoezy Wrote:  have you tried to put the micro-sd card in the computer separated from the cube?
and do you have a class 10 card in it? and when you set the cube on and take a video does the red led starts blinking or not?
December-25-2014, 12:10
I am having the same problem. When I plugged the cube into the computer directly, the solid green light came on indicating it was fully charged. But there is no icon appearing on my screen for me to access the cube. Also, when I try to record anything or take pictures, nothing happens - no beeps of any kind, all I see is the ittle light on the top continuously blinking orange on and off repeatedly. Please advide me on what I need to do, or if this item is somehow defective? I would really like to use the camera and am disappointed at the issues I am seeing.

Thanks.
December-25-2014, 18:30
(December-21-2014 15:53)gashlycrumb Wrote:  Hello there,

I recently received a Cube and I'm eager to use it. The weird thing is, when I connect it to a computer, it doesn't show up on the desktop or anywhere. I've tried it on two computer, one Mac (Yosemite) and one PC (8), and I've tried a different usb cable, thinking that it may have been the cause. The memory card is in, so it couldn't be that.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

We are having the same problem plugging it in directly. We tried 2 different pc's. Ours seems to be working in all other ways with the appropriate lights and beeps. My son is so excited and really wants to get this working. Thx
December-26-2014, 16:19
I'm having precisely the same problem as dflood185. Computer does not recognize the (fully charged) Cube, and I get blinking orange rather than blinking green whenever the Cube is on. Any ideas for us?
December-26-2014, 19:26
What kind of Operating system do you have? Does it happen on all computers laptops you have?
December-26-2014, 20:16 (This post was last modified: December-26-2014 20:20 by Jessmom3.)
(December-26-2014 19:26)admin2 Wrote:  What kind of Operating system do you have? Does it happen on all computers laptops you have?

We tried on a desktop and laptop. Windows 7 Home Premium.
December-27-2014, 13:21
For me it happen on a Mac and a Windows machine. It's weird that the cube doesn't appear and doesn't seem to turn on no matter what I do.
December-27-2014, 18:10
Have you tried different USB cable and different ports?
December-28-2014, 17:59
(December-27-2014 18:10)admin2 Wrote:  Have you tried different USB cable and different ports?

Sadly yes, different cable, different ports, even different ports on different laptops.
January-02-2015, 10:02
have you tried turning the cube on, then connecting it to your pc?
otherwise i would suggest to go back to the store...
January-02-2015, 17:44
I'm definitely unclear what the problem with my cube is as I've purchased one of the compatible SD cards, formatted it, took a few pictures/video with the cube, and still can't get it to connect with my Mac. I've called polaroid twice today, but wasn't walked through anything and had to figure out this stuff on my own.

Now, I can load up the SD adapter with the micro SD card in there to view my pictures/videos, but that's just one extra step I feel like I shouldn't have to do.

I guess I'll be calling up again on Monday to see if I can get any more service.
January-21-2015, 22:01
Try formatting the card to FAT32(default).
March-07-2016, 12:40
Pressing the button for a long time (with the sd card out!!) to reset it have worked for me.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  SD card doesn't seem to "click" in or give me any indication that it's in. Annoyed 0 865 June-04-2016 05:17
Last Post: Annoyed
  New cube+ and iPad firmware update doesn't work Llcoolj 1 1,775 January-16-2016 18:54
Last Post: Rybaczewski
  Orange blinking light and can't find on computer person 2 5,877 February-09-2015 15:48
Last Post: fangrex
  Poleroid Cube doesn't record Audio? Shnitzalbrain 3 5,459 December-28-2014 16:34
Last Post: jbjiii

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807