Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 47 Votes - 2.57 Average
Cube & PowerBanks
January-23-2015, 12:24
Cube & PowerBanks
So i know the cube has a battery for about a 1.5 hrs, but will it record until memory card is filled if i hook up a powerbank to the cube. i ask this cause i want to shoot a time lapse of me working on my Honda bike.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
January-23-2015, 15:52
RE: Cube & PowerBanks
well, i guess ill let you guys know, cause i will attempt this tomorrow.
January-13-2016, 11:52
(January-23-2015 15:52)Dansen710 Wrote:  well, i guess ill let you guys know, cause i will attempt this tomorrow.

Did it work? I tried to record the sun setting from the roof of my building but the battery died just shy of 60 minutes. However, it was freezing up there, I think that's what killed it so fast. Yesterday, I started a recording at my desk, then plugged in a power supply & it seemed to work, but I only had time to test for a few seconds. I'm going to try again with the sunset & power supply this evening if it stays clear out.
January-13-2016, 17:32
(January-13-2016 11:52)w650dave Wrote:  
(January-23-2015 15:52)Dansen710 Wrote:  well, i guess ill let you guys know, cause i will attempt this tomorrow.

Did it work? I tried to record the sun setting from the roof of my building but the battery died just shy of 60 minutes. However, it was freezing up there, I think that's what killed it so fast. Yesterday, I started a recording at my desk, then plugged in a power supply & it seemed to work, but I only had time to test for a few seconds. I'm going to try again with the sunset & power supply this evening if it stays clear out.

Some may not know about Lipo and cold weather are no match, for example if you walk outside and the camera isin the cold 40 degrees for a good 30 minutes, lets say turn it on 30 seconds later DEAD

in order to run it the full time keep the camera warm in the pocket turn it on and let it run for a few seconds then good to go in the cold. Ilet mine do that and I have a Mobius and like said 30 secs dead
February-25-2016, 20:00
(January-13-2016 17:32)fishycomics Wrote:  
(January-13-2016 11:52)w650dave Wrote:  

Some may not know about Lipo and cold weather are no match, for example if you walk outside and the camera isin the cold 40 degrees for a good 30 minutes, lets say turn it on 30 seconds later DEAD

in order to run it the full time keep the camera warm in the pocket turn it on and let it run for a few seconds then good to go in the cold. Ilet mine do that and I have a Mobius and like said 30 secs dead

Works fine with powerbank:
Better use one with 1A output...due to risk of excessive heating (will cause shotdown). I use the Digibuddy DB11010 (1000 mAh!) which has both 1 and 2 A outputs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/digibuddy-Powerb...1716047262
Recorded over 7 hours on a 64Gb micro SD (although Polaroid goes for max 32Gb) with powerbank attached.
Rob,
Netherlands

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807