Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 67 Votes - 3.03 Average
Cube+ microphone issues
January-14-2016, 20:29
RE: Cube+ microphone issues
I've been notified by Polaroid support that their developers are working on another cube plus sound improvement software update which should become available in a week or two..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
January-15-2016, 12:31
(January-14-2016 20:29)limesoft Wrote:  I've been notified by Polaroid support that their developers are working on another cube plus sound improvement software update which should become available in a week or two..

keep us posted, release a gain control so we can beef the sound up ourselves. there are no EQ settings, but modding like said that hole is the better option.
January-25-2016, 05:14
Do you think it's the same problem as with Xiaomi Yi? http://elproducente.com/xiaomi-yi-sound-...-tutorial/
February-12-2016, 00:38
(January-25-2016 05:14)Artjom Wrote:  Do you think it's the same problem as with Xiaomi Yi? http://elproducente.com/xiaomi-yi-sound-...-tutorial/

No, it's not an issue with something blocking the microphone. I know this because I disassembled my Cube+ and tested it without the rubber case on and there was no improvement in the muffled, noisy microphone sound. The microphone is connected with a half inch of wire and attaches to the cpu by a modular plug so I was able to pull it out of the frame and test it that way. The results were only slightly better, but the issue is still there.

It's a total joke that Polaroid released this product with such crap audio.
May-11-2016, 19:49
Just bought the Cube+ and the sound quality is so poor.. updated the firmware but STILL.. any updates from polaroid?
May-12-2016, 00:09
Got a Cube + today. It prompted for an update upon first sync with the smartphone app and ran it. Took it out for a test run and the sound was loud and clear. It must be a batch thing.
May-14-2016, 02:15
(May-12-2016 00:09)cubeplususer Wrote:  Got a Cube + today. It prompted for an update upon first sync with the smartphone app and ran it. Took it out for a test run and the sound was loud and clear. It must be a batch thing.

really? with no muffled or noisy?
May-14-2016, 23:27 (This post was last modified: May-15-2016 00:17 by cubeplususer.)
Yes, outside recorded birds chirping, people playing in a park. Pretty normal. Nothing out of the ordinary.
August-04-2016, 08:49
Microphone's problem was fixed in Cubes+ which were manufactured after January 2016. So, this was a hardware problem. There is no other way to find out when your unit was manufactured except of asking the Polaroid's support to check your SN (serial number). I strongly recommend you to ask for SN before a purchase and then ask Poalroid about device Mnf date.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Sound peaking issues gunga75 1 566 January-30-2017 09:14
Last Post: gunga75
  Cube+ WiFi Issues ff8421 1 1,653 December-25-2016 09:08
Last Post: boppygaming
  Polaroid Cube Mic Issues shiks16 0 819 July-08-2016 15:54
Last Post: shiks16
  Polaroid Cube Mic Issues shiks16 0 526 July-08-2016 15:54
Last Post: shiks16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807