Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 2.5 Average
Lens moisture
July-27-2016, 13:46
Lens moisture
Hi all

A few weeks ago I went indoor skiing and I took my Cube+ with me. As soon as I went down the lens started to become blurry at the inside. He did not touch the snow or has never been in contact with water. When I looked closer I saw it was ice, there was an ice spot on the lens at the inside.

Yesterday I was filming for about 20 minutes and the cube+ became quite hot. This time instead of ice there were water droplets at the inside and some finger print alike spot at the inside of the lens. Due to the heat they probabely condensed.

Isn't the area between the outer and inner lens supposed to be vacuum to prevent moisture? there should be some kind of quality control for this normally no? Has someone seen this issue before? The camera has never touched water before.

Thanks in advance

keukenrol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
April-19-2017, 21:24
RE: Lens moisture
(July-27-2016 13:46)keukenrol Wrote:  Hi all

A few weeks ago I went indoor skiing and I took my Cube+ with me. As soon as I went down the lens started to become blurry at the inside. He did not touch the snow or has never been in contact with water. When I looked closer I saw it was ice, there was an ice spot on the lens at the inside.

Yesterday I was filming for about 20 minutes and the cube+ became quite hot. This time instead of ice there were water droplets at the inside and some finger print alike spot at the inside of the lens. Due to the heat they probabely condensed.

Isn't the area between the outer and inner lens supposed to be vacuum to prevent moisture? there should be some kind of quality control for this normally no? Has someone seen this issue before? The camera has never touched water before.

Thanks in advance

keukenrol

I have exactly the same issue and am surprised seeing no solution offered.
April-23-2017, 19:10
RE: Lens moisture
https://youtu.be/ZNEOaIaY1N0
This works.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
Sad Lens Problem APCDC 1 735 November-22-2016 17:17
Last Post: wesawin
  Replacement Lens ensign elliott 3 2,155 January-07-2016 11:26
Last Post: fishycomics
  Lens problem fabiomesqneto 0 1,368 June-09-2015 09:44
Last Post: fabiomesqneto

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807