Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 100 Votes - 2.67 Average
List of Polaroid Cube compatibility micro SD cards
November-26-2014, 16:21 (This post was last modified: February-25-2015 04:01 by bryanH.)
List of Polaroid Cube compatibility micro SD cards
Since i found some threads about SD cards not working with the Polaroid Cube.
I thought it would be helpful to start a thread with all SD cards that DO and DON'T work with the Polaroid Cube.
I also found out that some SD cards (at least mine) are not working with 1080P (Video stops) but do the trick for 720P.

Since i am not able to test them all by myself please post your experiences with SD cards you used. I will add them to this Post.
Quote:(kingston 8 gb class 4 micro SD card C08G )

Compatible

Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSD HC UHS-I Class 10
lexar mirco sd 32gb class 10
Lexar 633x 16GB

Non-compatible

SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSD HC 1

720-Compatible

kingston 8 gb class 4 micro SD card C08G

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Post is based on user experiences, there is no 100% guarantee that the SD on the list will work.
Cheers,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
November-29-2014, 15:44
RE: List of Polaroid Cube compatibility micro SD cards
(November-26-2014 16:21)bryanH Wrote:  Since i am not able to test them all by myself please post your experiences with SD cards you used. I will add them to this Post.

Non-compatible: SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSD HC 1
December-02-2014, 10:52
One of the major things I learned from GoPro is to always use Class 10 card. It has to do with read/write speed.

JO
December-02-2014, 14:31
Compatible
lexar mirco sd 32gb
class 10 card from the mediamarkt.
December-28-2014, 12:23
Im still not understanding why the sandisk dosen't work, had to buy another one (samsung 16gb) and it worked. Such a waste of money and time.
December-28-2014, 12:49
(December-28-2014 12:23)edoa458 Wrote:  Im still not understanding why the sandisk dosen't work, had to buy another one (samsung 16gb) and it worked. Such a waste of money and time.

Major fail of this action camera if the brand of microSD that Amazon recommends purchasing in a package ("buy both for...") does not work (Sandisk Ultra).... I'm getting the Orange LED issue using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 (see my post in the "Orange LED..." thread) but also with another microSD (16GB, no name, came with an old droid x smartphone).
January-04-2015, 17:57
(November-26-2014 16:21)bryanH Wrote:  Since i found some threads about SD cards not working with the Polaroid Cube.
I thought it would be helpful to start a thread with all SD cards that DO and DON'T work with the Polaroid Cube.
I also found out that some SD cards (at least mine) are not working with 1080P (Video stops) but do the trick for 720P.

Since i am not able to test them all by myself please post your experiences with SD cards you used. I will add them to this Post.
Quote:(kingston 8 gb class 4 micro SD card C08G )

Compatible

lexar mirco sd 32gb class 10

Non-compatible

SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSD HC 1

720-Compatible

kingston 8 gb class 4 micro SD card C08G

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Post is based on user experiences, there is no 100% guarantee that the SD on the list will work.
Cheers,

i am using a 64 gb sandisk class 10 xc 1 card
January-08-2015, 22:04 (This post was last modified: January-08-2015 22:06 by Cuber.)
(December-28-2014 12:23)edoa458 Wrote:  Im still not understanding why the sandisk dosen't work, had to buy another one (samsung 16gb) and it worked. Such a waste of money and time.

Me too, my sandisk ultra 32 gb micro sd hc1 class 10 (which works in everything else I have) doesn't work. Very frustrating! I also tried an 8gb Lexar class4 and it was a no go too. I just ordered two other cards of differing brands (both class 10) so we will see if either of those work. Really is too bad after all this messing around with cards I could have got a cheap GoPro. I really want to try this cam out but have to play the waiting game.
Sad
January-21-2015, 22:02
Format your card to FAT32(default), this has solved my problem which is sounds to be just like yours.
January-22-2015, 03:02 (This post was last modified: February-11-2015 05:50 by xivi.)
I've heard about 64gb microSD that works with the polaroid cube.
Anybody has tried??
anybody knows a 64 micro SD that works with the cube??

another question??
how many minutes can be recorded in a 16gb microSD?? and in a 32gb??

thanks
January-22-2015, 03:58
Single charge last 90 minutes so you have that limit.
January-22-2015, 04:13 (This post was last modified: January-26-2015 05:25 by xivi.)
(January-22-2015 03:58)admin2 Wrote:  Single charge last 90 minutes so you have that limit.

Ok, thanks,
but I would like to know, if I record during 90min, wich microSD card I need.
How many gb can be recorded during 90min??

thanks
February-11-2015, 07:50
Lexar 633x 16GB - OK compatible Smile
February-18-2015, 16:32
Does anyone use KINGSTON SDCA10/32gb 90R/45W 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC ?
How it works?
February-21-2015, 20:42 (This post was last modified: February-21-2015 20:52 by cube_boob.)
I've read in a few places that the cards need to be Class 10. I tried these two cards and they both work well:

Transcend 32 Gb microSDHC Class 10
QUMOX 32 Gb MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10

(January-22-2015 03:02)xivi Wrote:  I've heard about 64gb microSD that works with the polaroid cube.
Anybody has tried??
anybody knows a 64 micro SD that works with the cube??

another question??
how many minutes can be recorded in a 16gb microSD?? and in a 32gb??

thanks

Hi, the Cube saves files in 5 minute increments. If you join those files in editing software you get seamless footage.

5 minutes of 1080p30 video = 304,7 Mb
1 Gb = 1000 Mb
Ergo, you can record about 52 5-minute HD resolution segments on a 16 Gb card, probably a bit less due to formatting issues etc, so around 250 minutes which is around 4 hours and 6 minutes (unless my math is off, it often is). Double-check to be sure.

The battery will give you about 85 minutes of non-stop recording if fully charged and if your card is smaller, the Cube will record over the oldest files as it fills up the card. You can record while connected to a charger.

Hope this helps.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2GZTVVKUc
March-30-2015, 01:55 (This post was last modified: March-30-2015 01:59 by cheeruplisa.)
- No go for me Sad

Have been using this since December, but recently my Cube started having the same orange LED problem. It can only record for a few seconds before shutting down by itself. Tried reformatting but the same problem occurs. (I've only used in 720p)

Thinking of getting a Transcend microSD but I'll be really disheartened if the same thing happens again few months later :/
March-30-2015, 20:12
(March-30-2015 01:55)cheeruplisa Wrote:  Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSD HC UHS-I Class 10
- No go for me Sad

Have been using this since December, but recently my Cube started having the same orange LED problem. It can only record for a few seconds before shutting down by itself. Tried reformatting but the same problem occurs. (I've only used in 720p)

Thinking of getting a Transcend microSD but I'll be really disheartened if the same thing happens again few months later :/

cheer - any chance you have a Cube where the SD card sticks out a touch like I describe here? Do this test if you like... try using your current card but with the back plug not on and see if the Orange LED issue goes away. Then see if you can reproduce the Orange LED issue again while pushing slightly on the back of the SD card... and then see if you can make the problem also occur with the back plug on.
March-31-2015, 09:46 (This post was last modified: March-31-2015 09:47 by cheeruplisa.)
(March-30-2015 20:12)sma Wrote:  
(March-30-2015 01:55)cheeruplisa Wrote:  Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSD HC UHS-I Class 10
- No go for me Sad

cheer - any chance you have a Cube where the SD card sticks out a touch like I describe here? Do this test if you like... try using your current card but with the back plug not on and see if the Orange LED issue goes away. Then see if you can reproduce the Orange LED issue again while pushing slightly on the back of the SD card... and then see if you can make the problem also occur with the back plug on.

hey, I'm not sure if it sticks out, it doesn't seem unnatural to me. when I remove the back cover, it does not have the orange led issue, but it switches off by itself after a red blinks (on video). with the cover on, it beeps 3 times before turning orange.

what does this mean??

[edit] i removed the back cover again, and now it beeps 3 times and turned orange. then it beeped 4 times and switches off. i'm so confused.
May-15-2016, 12:17
I just received Cube + as gift and after just a few uses the Polaroid Micro SD is not working. Gee, what a surprise.

1) Has anyone had any luck with the Samsung Evo Plus 64?
2) Has anyone been able to use a 128 gig Micro SD since the Cube is supposedly able to utilize one. I ask because I am wondering if the Cube can even handle 64 gig consistently.
August-10-2016, 15:30
I'm using SDXC SanDisk 64 Gb Class 10 now. No problem, exept of the unavailability to record more videos after 32 Gb already recorded. So, there is a software limitation to 32 Gb SD cards. You CAN insert 64 Gb card and it will work fine until you reach 32 Gb of recorded space.
September-07-2016, 04:01
I have just bought HAMA microSDHC 32GB Class 10 UHS-I 80MB/s. It is cheap and it is working so far- about 1h of films recorded 1080p 60fps

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Polaroid CUBE won't power on or charge evelynhah 8 12,983 June-25-2017 11:54
Last Post: townslo
  Polaroid Cube + Battery ruidalves 4 2,879 May-04-2017 12:26
Last Post: keukenrol
  Polaroid Cube+ App AK951 1 1,531 July-14-2016 15:11
Last Post: Davidemolito
  Polaroid Cube + Not powering on or charging (Brand new) jflipabreu 1 2,114 July-11-2016 19:22
Last Post: darenberg
  Polaroid Cube Mic Issues shiks16 0 907 July-08-2016 15:54
Last Post: shiks16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807