Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 64 Votes - 2.95 Average
Micro SD/Memory card stuck in camera
December-25-2014, 17:26
Micro SD/Memory card stuck in camera
Hi everyone
I just got the cube today and put in my micro sd. I decided to check what I recorded so I pushed it in to remove it. It popped out a little but I couldn't grab it so I pushed it in again to see if it would pop out more. The card went in a little further and now won't budge when I push on it. There seems to be no room for me to pull it out forcibly (ex with tweezers). Has anyone had this problem and know what to do? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
December-28-2014, 15:19
RE: Micro SD/Memory card stuck in camera
Yes, we have exactly the same problem you are experiencing Maria, the Cube works fine in all respects except we cannot remove the microSD card from the Cube as it does not 'pop-out' when pushed!! So although we have a working Cube we can never remove the microSD card?

We have contacted Polaroid but have yet to resolve the issue?
December-28-2014, 16:37
(December-28-2014 15:19)adrian_saunders Wrote:  Yes, we have exactly the same problem you are experiencing Maria, the Cube works fine in all respects except we cannot remove the microSD card from the Cube as it does not 'pop-out' when pushed!! So although we have a working Cube we can never remove the microSD card?

I had the same issue and I had to use a straight pin to push it down. If the spring loaded mechanism is pushed in too far it has nothing to release. Doesn't take much except for a steady hand. Good luck.
December-29-2014, 16:20
(December-28-2014 16:37)jbjiii Wrote:  
(December-28-2014 15:19)adrian_saunders Wrote:  Yes, we have exactly the same problem you are experiencing Maria, the Cube works fine in all respects except we cannot remove the microSD card from the Cube as it does not 'pop-out' when pushed!! So although we have a working Cube we can never remove the microSD card?

I had the same issue and I had to use a straight pin to push it down. If the spring loaded mechanism is pushed in too far it has nothing to release. Doesn't take much except for a steady hand. Good luck.

Thank you jbjiii, with your advice we have managed to get the microSD card out of the Polaroid Cube - Polaroid have also just offered to do a RMA exchange, so all hope with them is not lost, at least they acknowledge there may be an issue. Thanks again! Smile
December-29-2014, 22:53
(December-29-2014 16:20)adrian_saunders Wrote:  
(December-28-2014 16:37)jbjiii Wrote:  

Well, Polaroid has been great with this device and I am certainly enjoying mine. BTW, the magnet does stick to a car going 90MPH, not that I would condone such a thing. Cool

Thank you jbjiii, with your advice we have managed to get the microSD card out of the Polaroid Cube - Polaroid have also just offered to do a RMA exchange, so all hope with them is not lost, at least they acknowledge there may be an issue. Thanks again! Smile

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
Sad Camera won't install, manual is no help Blue Lightning 2 888 April-09-2017 13:53
Last Post: erickfam
  List of Polaroid Cube compatibility micro SD cards bryanH 20 28,710 September-07-2016 04:01
Last Post: janekfcb
  i am using a 64gb card dwreck621 3 4,178 August-10-2016 15:09
Last Post: kaza
  SD card doesn't seem to "click" in or give me any indication that it's in. Annoyed 0 821 June-04-2016 05:17
Last Post: Annoyed
  camera blinking orange and red pbevilaqua 1 1,924 May-10-2016 19:48
Last Post: pbevilaqua

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807