Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 69 Votes - 2.39 Average
Polaroid CUBE won't power on or charge
March-20-2015, 15:49 (This post was last modified: March-21-2015 08:57 by evelynhah.)
Polaroid CUBE won't power on or charge
Hi there,

My boyfriend got me a polaroid cube for my birthday, which was on February 20th. I’ve used it 3 times since then. Yesterday, I tried to used it again and the camera won’t power on or charge. When I connect the cable to my computer, the light won’t turn on…I’ve tried different cables already and it doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Does anyone have a clue on what's going on?

Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
April-08-2015, 18:51 (This post was last modified: April-08-2015 18:56 by evelynhah.)
RE: Polaroid CUBE won't power on or charge
So... I spoke to Polaroid customer service and they told me to format my micro SD card. It didn't work. I answered back and they asked me to send the proof of purchase to start the exchange process. However, I don't have it. It was a birthday gift and my boyfriend paid it with cash at the Las Vegas Linq location and didn't keep the receipt. He had no idea he was buying me a piece of junk!

I also bought all the accessories after getting the camera, so I wasted more money and time in something I could not even use more than three times.

I wanted the Cube to use in my work as an MMA journalist. So, It's very disappointing that a company that is so traditional and with so many years of making cameras doesn't know how to handle situations like this. I'm a client telling them that their product worked less than a month and all they care about is if I have the receipt....I don't understand why they did not ask for a serial number instead of the receipt...

I did a research on google and saw more people complaining about the same thing as me. That tells me Polaroid knows there is a problem, but instead of solving it and keeping the clients happy, the company prefers sweep the dirt under the rug.

I had high hopes that this could reliably be part of my camera package covering mixed martial arts events globally. Sadly it seems that it's not the case. I won't ever ask for or buy a Polaroid product again! If you want to buy a Polaroid Cube don't waste your money and time! It's not worth it!
April-09-2015, 09:49
(April-08-2015 18:51)evelynhah Wrote:  I had high hopes that this could reliably be part of my camera package covering mixed martial arts events globally. Sadly it seems that it's not the case. I won't ever ask for or buy a Polaroid product again! If you want to buy a Polaroid Cube don't waste your money and time! It's not worth it!

Thanks getting back to post your experience. I bought mine, too, with high hopes and also got a couple of polaroid accessories which are now just sitting on the desk. It was working properly until about the 3 month mark. I thought I got lucky to get the one working one amongst all the negative posts on this board. Alas, mine only functions now when it's connected to a an external power source (like the computer or a power bank) which isn't always convenient for what it was meant to do. I am much more appreciative of my GoPro now but the whole point was to not carry $500 of equipment when I could carry just $100.
June-18-2015, 20:27
My cube will not turn on at all. It beeps and shows green on charge but off charge I holf button nothing happens. Why

(March-20-2015 15:49)evelynhah Wrote:  Hi there,

My boyfriend got me a polaroid cube for my birthday, which was on February 20th. I’ve used it 3 times since then. Yesterday, I tried to used it again and the camera won’t power on or charge. When I connect the cable to my computer, the light won’t turn on…I’ve tried different cables already and it doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Thanks!!
June-24-2016, 22:41
(March-20-2015 15:49)evelynhah Wrote:  Hi there,

Thanks!!

I am just throwing this out there in case it works for anyone else. My cube + would not turn on or charge for the past week, Nothing.... I have had no problems with the battery holding a charge at all, so I'm pretty sure the battery is okay. So what I did seemed to make my cube start charging again and is now working as it always did. Here is what I did... I removed the micro SD card, then plugged my cube into the USB charging cable. Then I pushed and held the power and Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds. Then while continuing to hold the power button, I pushed the Wi-Fi button five times and the let go of both buttons. After that, the light started to flash orange as it was charging. I let it continue to charge until the light turned green. I turn on the cube and Wi-Fi and my phone connected and is now comminicating with the cube and working. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I am able to use my cube again. So with no guarantees or reason why, give it a try since at this point there is nothing to lose...
July-04-2016, 08:16
I joined these forums to say that this works. No clue how, but my trusty cube is back in action. T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! Happy Happy Happy

(June-24-2016 22:41)Joem Wrote:  I am just throwing this out there in case it works for anyone else. My cube + would not turn on or charge for the past week, Nothing.... I have had no problems with the battery holding a charge at all, so I'm pretty sure the battery is okay. So what I did seemed to make my cube start charging again and is now working as it always did. Here is what I did... I removed the micro SD card, then plugged my cube into the USB charging cable. Then I pushed and held the power and Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds. Then while continuing to hold the power button, I pushed the Wi-Fi button five times and the let go of both buttons. After that, the light started to flash orange as it was charging. I let it continue to charge until the light turned green. I turn on the cube and Wi-Fi and my phone connected and is now comminicating with the cube and working. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I am able to use my cube again. So with no guarantees or reason why, give it a try since at this point there is nothing to lose...
August-06-2016, 19:40
I just want to say that this solution didn't work for me at first, but I did AFTER I re-formatted my sd card. I used my android phone to format the sd card, then reinserted it into the cube, then followed the instructions above BUT while KEEPING THE SD CARD inside the cube though the entire process. Hope this helps someone.
April-19-2017, 06:17
I also joined this forum for the purpose of confirming that this techniques does indeed work! Thanks for this I was going to get another camera.

(July-04-2016 08:16)ghettosoak Wrote:  I joined these forums to say that this works. No clue how, but my trusty cube is back in action. T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! Happy Happy Happy

(June-24-2016 22:41)Joem Wrote:  I am just throwing this out there in case it works for anyone else. My cube + would not turn on or charge for the past week, Nothing.... I have had no problems with the battery holding a charge at all, so I'm pretty sure the battery is okay. So what I did seemed to make my cube start charging again and is now working as it always did. Here is what I did... I removed the micro SD card, then plugged my cube into the USB charging cable. Then I pushed and held the power and Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds. Then while continuing to hold the power button, I pushed the Wi-Fi button five times and the let go of both buttons. After that, the light started to flash orange as it was charging. I let it continue to charge until the light turned green. I turn on the cube and Wi-Fi and my phone connected and is now comminicating with the cube and working. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I am able to use my cube again. So with no guarantees or reason why, give it a try since at this point there is nothing to lose...
June-25-2017, 11:54
(June-24-2016 22:41)Joem Wrote:  
(March-20-2015 15:49)evelynhah Wrote:  

I am just throwing this out there in case it works for anyone else. My cube + would not turn on or charge for the past week, Nothing.... I have had no problems with the battery holding a charge at all, so I'm pretty sure the battery is okay. So what I did seemed to make my cube start charging again and is now working as it always did. Here is what I did... I removed the micro SD card, then plugged my cube into the USB charging cable. Then I pushed and held the power and Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds. Then while continuing to hold the power button, I pushed the Wi-Fi button five times and the let go of both buttons. After that, the light started to flash orange as it was charging. I let it continue to charge until the light turned green. I turn on the cube and Wi-Fi and my phone connected and is now comminicating with the cube and working. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I am able to use my cube again. So with no guarantees or reason why, give it a try since at this point there is nothing to lose...

This is awesome! I am on my second Cube+ and had no clue about this, you would think that Polaroid would include this in their instructions or at least one of the emails when telling them this has happened but that would be admitting they have an issue with them. Hopefully this solves the issue, the Cube is charging right now so we shall see.

Has anyone had to do this multiple times to the same Cube?

Thanks for the help

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Polaroid Cube + Battery ruidalves 4 2,915 May-04-2017 12:26
Last Post: keukenrol
  List of Polaroid Cube compatibility micro SD cards bryanH 20 29,557 September-07-2016 04:01
Last Post: janekfcb
  Polaroid Cube+ App AK951 1 1,543 July-14-2016 15:11
Last Post: Davidemolito
  Polaroid Cube + Not powering on or charging (Brand new) jflipabreu 1 2,133 July-11-2016 19:22
Last Post: darenberg
  Polaroid Cube Mic Issues shiks16 0 914 July-08-2016 15:54
Last Post: shiks16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807