Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 62 Votes - 2.9 Average
Polaroid Cube vs GoPro
October-06-2014, 04:37
Polaroid Cube vs GoPro
Hill all

For me polaroid cube is nice, I don't need professional camera.

I see this trumping the gopro for the 'people on the fence about a gopro' because it is far cheaper and smaller, it is pretty damn nice to me anyway. But it doesn't have a standard camera screw thread so the mounting choices are limited, this might be it's only downfall. That and you cannot change batteries, you gotta charge them. But wow is it small and tidy little package
I am so happy. no one needs to use a huge heavy gopro anymore if you have one of these...for short little unprofessional videos this is ideal.
Quote this message in a reply
October-15-2014, 03:48
RE: Polaroid Cube vs GoPro
Here you can see both in action: Cube vs GoPro Hero 3+, I think Cube has power Cool

October-17-2014, 09:34
Well polaroid needs to make the same size camera but with 64gb capacity and better image, and maybe a piggyback battery, then they would have a gopro-beater.
October-29-2014, 07:05
GoPro killer tongue

November-20-2014, 18:50
I am a new Polaroid Cube fan. As a brick n mortar store shopper, I was so happy to get my hands on in a Target store.

I’d already been a GoPro3 owner over 2 years. It was originally bought for a vacation adventure trip that got cancelled. After initially trying all the modes, bells, whistles, remote, ipad app and what not, I only ever used it as a handheld camera or mounted to a walking cane as a selfie stick. The battery kills me every time! I even got a battery bacpac and the battery still kills my day even when I don’t keep it on wi-fi for the remote. Battery life is my greatest disappointment with GoPro.

Maybe it is because of the battery limitation, but for my use, GoPro is overkill. All the accessories that come with it is overkill. I might pull them out once in a while to play with them like a kid plays with Legos, but I never use them. They make a lightweight camera too heavy and bulky. Furthermore, for all these accessories, I haven’t been able to carry it around my neck on a string lanyard. I’m still waiting for my Cube lanyard, just a few more days!

The Cube’s battery came already charged. The first thing I did was put it to charge but it was ready to go in 10 minutes. I charged it for 2 hours anyway. It’s been a week, it’s still going strong. The GoPro battery would be dead by now.
November-24-2014, 06:04
Does the polaroid cube have some kind of timer function?
December-05-2014, 15:22
(November-24-2014 06:04)Guest Wrote:  Does the polaroid cube have some kind of timer function?

No timer, no remote. So if you mount it on anything, it's so you can use video mode.
October-23-2015, 13:37
todays C ube+ yes a timer for photo only 3 seconds generally typing
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Polaroid Cube vs GoPro Hero 4 carlbron 1 2,807 October-23-2015 13:40
Last Post: fishycomics
  Polaroid Cube vs. Sony HDR-AS20 Rutinoffin kuski 0 1,955 December-19-2014 10:22
Last Post: Rutinoffin kuski
  Polaroid Cube vs Mobius ActionCam drift 1 2,865 November-26-2014 07:22
Last Post: Guest
  Polaroid Cube vs Sony HDR-AS15 spirit 1 2,250 October-16-2014 07:35
Last Post: Guest
  Polaroid Cube vs SJ4000 Full HD speeder 5 6,128 October-07-2014 07:24
Last Post: bill t.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807