Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 52 Votes - 2.6 Average
Problems with Adobe Premiere (CS6) and AVS Video Converter
February-21-2015, 19:37
Problems with Adobe Premiere (CS6) and AVS Video Converter
Hi all, I just got the cube, and read this forum. Managed to get the video playing in VLC media player (due to codec issues it doesn't play well on anything it would seem), however, the thing that bothers me the most is I can't use the files for editing, and I can't seem to be able to convert them either.

This is what I tried so far:

When I try dropping them in Premiere, I get the 'The file has no audio or video streams.' message.

I tried using the AVS video converter, I bought a licensed version that has worked wonders until now, updated it to the latest version, and no matter which conversion settings I use, the AVS bombs out. I get this error: 'Access violation at address 0051934E in module 'AVSVideoConverter.exe'. Read of address 00000028.'

I tried using Windows Movie Maker, it managed to import the file but it bombed out when I tried converting.

VLC media player managed to convert the file into a MP4 file, which I was subsequently able to drop into Premiere, however, the video stream was completely corrupted. The audio was there.

Any ideas from you guys would be welcome. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
May-04-2015, 11:05
RE: Problems with Adobe Premiere (CS6) and AVS Video Converter
Same issue. Following post.
December-05-2015, 09:37
RE: Problems with Adobe Premiere (CS6) and AVS Video Converter
(February-21-2015 19:37)cube_boob Wrote:  Hi all, I just got the cube, and read this forum. Managed to get the video playing in VLC media player (due to codec issues it doesn't play well on anything it would seem), however, the thing that bothers me the most is I can't use the files for editing, and I can't seem to be able to convert them either.

This is what I tried so far:

When I try dropping them in Premiere, I get the 'The file has no audio or video streams.' message.

I tried using the AVS video converter, I bought a licensed version that has worked wonders until now, updated it to the latest version, and no matter which conversion settings I use, the AVS bombs out. I get this error: 'Access violation at address 0051934E in module 'AVSVideoConverter.exe'. Read of address 00000028.'

I tried using Windows Movie Maker, it managed to import the file but it bombed out when I tried converting.

VLC media player managed to convert the file into a MP4 file, which I was subsequently able to drop into Premiere, however, the video stream was completely corrupted. The audio was there.

Any ideas from you guys would be welcome. Thanks.

I had the same issue and very unfortunate that I use Adobe premiere extensively. There is a program called Aimersoft video convertor which I use. This converted the files perfectly and I am able to edit them in AP as well.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Edit Video Files jamiebitt 0 679 July-27-2016 09:02
Last Post: jamiebitt

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807