Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 63 Votes - 2.83 Average
So what have you done with your cube?
January-14-2015, 12:55
So what have you done with your cube?
I use it regularly indoors. It takes a steady hand or else put it down on a hard support so you don't get the blur. The wide angle lens makes it easy to take selfies.

There's a polaroid cube group on flickr. Nobody ever posts new pics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
January-15-2015, 16:12
RE: So what have you done with your cube?
I just filmed my hockey game last night and am in the process now of trying to figure out the best software to use to edit the footage and splice together the 5 minute (although they won't be 5 minutes once I edit them) segments.

Being a goalie I only want the footage where I am making a save or getting scored on.

I tried the suction mount on the outside of the glass from my bench but it didn't hold so one of my teammates put it on the dasher boards just ouside the glass by the bench - footage isn't all that bad really, considering it's shooting through the glass on the boards!

Any suggestions for some good free software that's cube friendly is appreciated!
January-17-2015, 07:24
I've made 2 mounts on 2 different helmets to film while driving.
I also made a bracket to put the polaroid cube on a selfie stick.

Mmm i used it in some rollercoasters to film the ride, and i use it inside my car as a dashcam.
here are some pics of my helm mount and selfie stick:
http://1drv.ms/1IMY7fp
January-18-2015, 21:10
Sorry, I can't help with video editing. I hardly ever use video so I just keep them in their original file format & name.

@jaxoezy That's some cool mounts. I like the one that's lodged in the corner of the helmet opening.

I got the polaroid tripod mount. Did you know it could be separated from the tripod adapter and reconnected with the suction mount? I only got the suction mount because it came with the underwater case. Anyway, that means I can optionally connect the underwater case to the tripod mount, which can be connected to my GoPro mounts. I really have no reason to have the suction mount except it "came with" at the time I bought it.
January-23-2015, 01:55
As promised video from hockey. I had the cube behind the glass close to the bench and as you can tell I used a video editing software to add some graphics and text in there as well as cut a 60 minute hockey game down to 2 and a half minutes of "action".

http://youtu.be/dmoSurYue9g
January-23-2015, 12:18 (This post was last modified: January-23-2015 12:37 by Dansen710.)
i shot a really cool timelapse of the sun setting in newport beach, 45 minutes sped up to 16 seconds
here's the link http://youtu.be/bbR52syKlpw

ill be shooting more time lapse

(January-17-2015 07:24)jaxoezy Wrote:  I've made 2 mounts on 2 different helmets to film while driving.
I also made a bracket to put the polaroid cube on a selfie stick.

Mmm i used it in some rollercoasters to film the ride, and i use it inside my car as a dashcam.
here are some pics of my helm mount and selfie stick:
http://1drv.ms/1IMY7fp

i dig that helmet mount, it being on the inside, i was using the handle bar mount on my first cube but it fell off on a 55+ mph run and got run, thank god for canopy warranty
January-28-2015, 10:47
Very cool Cool Since posting this, peeps have started adding stuff to the flickr group. I am enjoying the pics. They're quite artistic, unlike the snapshot pics I tend to take.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807