Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 66 Votes - 2.65 Average
Video output (.mov) corrupted
October-03-2014, 19:59 (This post was last modified: October-03-2014 20:02 by BusDriverJim.)
Video output (.mov) corrupted
Received the Cube 10/2 (yesterday). The .mov files contain no audio track within my video editors and crashes almost all of my tools. I can get audio from the QuickTime player but the video is corrupted.

Question is, do I have a defective unit or there a firmware update available from Polaroid?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
October-04-2014, 22:59
RE: Video output (.mov) corrupted
Did you try on other computer? Maybe your codec for movies is not updated, Install some divix pack. What OS do you use?
October-05-2014, 07:08 (This post was last modified: October-05-2014 17:03 by BusDriverJim.)
I think you may be right, I have audio on all other .mov files on my Windows 7-64 system, just not these. I'll update codecs now. The audio is there as YouTube and Vimeo uploads convert it. Here's a related blog post (busdriverjim.com/?p=18717 ).

Update: The codec I tried didn't work, uninstalled it (recommendation?).

I installed a fresh QuickTime yesterday and audio works there but the video is corrupted with flashy artifacts.

Here's the details on the raw output from the cube at 1920x1080:

[img]busdriverjim.com/images/stomper.png[/img]

Here's the file: (busdriverjim.com/downloads/dead_dog_stomper.zip ).

Update 2: Installed Divx-10 and it did a good conversion from the Cube 1920x1080 into a 1280x720 .mp4. Without crashing I might add, as my other converters have.

Here: (busdriverjim.com/?p=18747 )

I still haven't resolved the codec issue yet...

Update 3: It appears I have solved the codec issue with a download of ADVANCED_Codecs_v479.exe from here: http://goo.gl/kCm2Ag

This after trying a couple of malware infested codec sites and then spending time cleaning up their crap. Really assholes?

Thanks to the poster who suggested codecs, I thought I was up to speed...
October-14-2014, 02:17
I am glad I could help! Good quality video on your site. Is that from Polarodi cube? I would recommend codec from matroska.org.

(October-05-2014 07:08)BusDriverJim Wrote:  I think you may be right, I have audio on all other .mov files on my Windows 7-64 system, just not these. I'll update codecs now. The audio is there as YouTube and Vimeo uploads convert it. Here's a related blog post (busdriverjim.com/?p=18717 ).

Update: The codec I tried didn't work, uninstalled it (recommendation?).

I installed a fresh QuickTime yesterday and audio works there but the video is corrupted with flashy artifacts.

Here's the details on the raw output from the cube at 1920x1080:

[img]busdriverjim.com/images/stomper.png[/img]

Here's the file: (busdriverjim.com/downloads/dead_dog_stomper.zip ).

Update 2: Installed Divx-10 and it did a good conversion from the Cube 1920x1080 into a 1280x720 .mp4. Without crashing I might add, as my other converters have.

Here: (busdriverjim.com/?p=18747 )

I still haven't resolved the codec issue yet...

Update 3: It appears I have solved the codec issue with a download of ADVANCED_Codecs_v479.exe from here: http://goo.gl/kCm2Ag

This after trying a couple of malware infested codec sites and then spending time cleaning up their crap. Really assholes?

Thanks to the poster who suggested codecs, I thought I was up to speed...
October-14-2014, 06:40 (This post was last modified: October-17-2014 21:33 by BusDriverJim.)
The matroska.org link was great, thanks again. I just updated codecs from their site, working good... The videos on my blog are from a dozen different cameras over the years while the recent ones shot from my trucks dashboard are from the Cube.

Issues are getting resolved with this camera and I'm definitely keeping it. The most ironic problem was Polaroid tech telling me there was a compatibility issue with SanDisk Ultra micro-sd card. Guess what card I had bought for the Cube :-)

Here's my best Cube video so far: http://www.busdriverjim.com/?p=18747
October-29-2014, 02:07
The vidoe is good quality, there is just no action in it Sad
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  I want Cube+ Time Lapse photos NOT a video file !? photojgr 0 188 April-27-2017 10:48
Last Post: photojgr
  Video recording limited 007lookalike 1 1,670 July-22-2016 10:30
Last Post: Riko
  Will not enough power corrupt the video file? augjps 0 970 April-03-2016 17:39
Last Post: augjps
  Video Won't Download skuchs 0 1,121 January-15-2016 20:31
Last Post: skuchs
  Will take photos but only records video for 3-5 seconds theapiarist 1 2,167 December-23-2015 05:41
Last Post: biancagg

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807