Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 60 Votes - 2.63 Average
Video upside down
November-15-2014, 10:03 (This post was last modified: November-15-2014 15:58 by rb10475.)
Video upside down
ITEM RETURNED TO AMAZON. I tried everything to get the lens to orientate. It rattled when I shook it so I think there was a defect.

I was under the impression that the Cube's lens automatically adjusted to the right position to whatever position it was turned on to (lens orientation). Mine is not. If I mount it upside down with the magnet facing up the video is upside down.

Any suggestions? Is there a firmware update I'm missing?

Thanks for the help.

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
December-20-2014, 01:59
RE: Video upside down
i had the same issue, when i took a photo the auto rotate worked with mine.
But when i started to record stuff upside down it didnt auto rotate anymore.

I searched some on the internet, and it depends on what mediaplayer you use. Some see the rotate function.
While others don't.
January-04-2015, 17:56
(November-15-2014 10:03)rb10475 Wrote:  ITEM RETURNED TO AMAZON. I tried everything to get the lens to orientate. It rattled when I shook it so I think there was a defect.

I was under the impression that the Cube's lens automatically adjusted to the right position to whatever position it was turned on to (lens orientation). Mine is not. If I mount it upside down with the magnet facing up the video is upside down.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

1) you must begin recording in whatever orientation you want so begin recording with camera upside down already

2) you must use a media player that can see this in the "exim" data (usually not visible to normal users) the best is VLC media player (free and open source)
February-11-2015, 09:47 (This post was last modified: February-11-2015 10:36 by dyan6.)
Rainbow RE: Video upside down
(January-04-2015 17:56)dwreck621 Wrote:  
(November-15-2014 10:03)rb10475 Wrote:  ITEM RETURNED TO AMAZON. I tried everything to get the lens to orientate. It rattled when I shook it so I think there was a defect.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

1) you must begin recording in whatever orientation you want so begin recording with camera upside down already

2) you must use a media player that can see this in the "exim" data (usually not visible to normal users) the best is VLC media player (free and open source)

I tried both turning on the camera in normal position, orientate it and start recording, then turning it on upside down already but....It only works with QuickTime for me!
With VLC I see the videos upside down, the same ones with QuikTime are oriented properly.

Tips: I still didn't use any professional video editing software so I don't know how they'll be imported there.
With "Movie Maker" (freeware) the imported videos are still upside down, BUT it's easy to rotate them as you like and then you can export and see them correctly oriented with any other player (so I guess more professional softwares have the same possibility). This means you can attach the cube as you like! Winking
February-17-2015, 16:59
Sony Vegas has option to rotate video. Also can do lot of efects. See videos on YT, there is lot of tutorials

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  I want Cube+ Time Lapse photos NOT a video file !? photojgr 0 118 April-27-2017 10:48
Last Post: photojgr
  Video recording limited 007lookalike 1 1,574 July-22-2016 10:30
Last Post: Riko
  Will not enough power corrupt the video file? augjps 0 907 April-03-2016 17:39
Last Post: augjps
  Video Won't Download skuchs 0 1,070 January-15-2016 20:31
Last Post: skuchs
  Will take photos but only records video for 3-5 seconds theapiarist 1 2,107 December-23-2015 05:41
Last Post: biancagg

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807