Welcome to forum Join us by registering now!
  • Login:
Ads
Dear user, please do not block ads, they help to maintain website.

Thread Rating:
  • 81 Votes - 2.8 Average
cube led turns steady Orange when turned on
October-10-2014, 23:56
cube led turns steady Orange when turned on
After turning on the cube, I get a steady Orange light and it locks up...it won't do anything only thing I can do is turn off. It does this intermittently.. works fine when I get the green light when I turn on, but most of the time a steady Orange...any help would be appreciated
Quote this message in a reply
October-11-2014, 19:45
RE: cube led turns steady Orange when turned on
I had the same problem, cycled the memory card in and out a few times, working fine now.
October-12-2014, 00:46
I have done that as well but still no luck..it will work, but once I stuck it via magnet it goes back to Orange
October-21-2014, 15:39
Same problem here. I remove the memory card and put it back in while the camera is on, and it gives me a green light temporarily before i get orange again. Don't know why and don't know a fix. Anyone else???
October-21-2014, 22:37
what about your battery level? is it fully on? have you tried to start it without memory card?
October-22-2014, 13:37
Battery level is fine. Seem to have fixed it. I highly recommend not using a "SanDisk Ultra". I switched to another memory card and formatted it (outside of the cube). Put it in the cube for a minute with it on (To copy core files). Took it out and turned off the cube by holding the button for 30 seconds. Turned it on holding it again for 30 seconds. (YES, 30 SECONDS!) and then put the memory card back. Now it works.
October-22-2014, 22:30
Nice job man. I am surprised about Sandisk. I actually liked that brand and always chose its flashdrive. What brand did you use?
October-23-2014, 12:35
I have a Samsung SD on its way, but i am currently using a regular SanDisk (not Ultra... it somehow makes a difference) its only the Ultra ones that won't work with it... its stupid.
October-24-2014, 12:52
If anyone is curious to see what the Polaroid Cube is capable of (its magnet, its quality, its resistance to water and mud and everything else) then i have a video up on youtube. Check it out if you want to see how the Cube works as an Extreme Sports action cam

http://youtu.be/ljXHC8xmek0
October-25-2014, 17:07
Orange LED, and nothing more!
Just turn on when i plug on a Macbook, and orange led.
I try to charge the battery for long time... Nothing works here Sad
October-26-2014, 23:33
I'm getting a replacement tmrw, because of this issue
October-27-2014, 13:01
at least you are getting a replacement. although an orange light (if it isn't low battery) refers to a memory issue... if this problem happens to your replacement then i promise you that it is the memory card... sounds stupid cause i even had a new memory card just for the cube, but the SanDiskUltra is not capatable (even if it works at first, something is strange with its compatability.

oh, and a heads up to anyone who isn't thinking straight... the cube has a very powerful magnet and thats awesome until someone places it on your computer and kills the HDD.... just a heads up, it will kill your computer if you place it on the wrong spot!
October-28-2014, 02:08
That is truth about the magnet. I remember a while ago I had CRT monitor and I put some magnet handle on it and I saw rainbow colors for long time.

Your hard drive will survive however if it is SSD.
October-28-2014, 11:02
ya.... im wishing i had an SSD... know of any ways to recover data from a HDD destroyed by (polaroid cube) magnet? lol

ok, so i have just realized that its when i delete all my footage off the cube and then don't delete it out of the trash (mac) or recycle bin (windows) i get the solid orange light... just something for anyone having problems to double check...

-Letsgomudding-
October-29-2014, 23:57
Ok finally got my replacement, brand new. .I didn't use the SanDisk this time and now no problems! I hope it stays this way,
October-30-2014, 10:44
good to hear! have fun with the camera! ... what kind of videos are you going to be filming with it?

-Letsgomudding-
October-31-2014, 01:35
I am a firefighter, so mainly incidents: traffic collisions, fires, etc...before the replacement I was able to get about 10 good incidents [ took some patience lol hrrr..so far so good with the new cube. .can't wait to take it into a fire, see how well it does
October-31-2014, 11:55
Thats so cool!!! ... do you have a youtube account where you can put footage? (if you are even allowed to do that?) that sounds like a really interesting use for the cube!

-Letsgomudding-
November-07-2014, 03:41
I can put them on youtube, is there a way you can make it private?
November-07-2014, 13:35
(After uploading) Go to "My Channel" then click "video manager" and find the video you want to change settings for. Click "Edit" and it will show a page of settings for your video. There will be a tab that says "Public or Privite (Depending on what the video currently is) and thats where you can change it.

- Letsgomudding-
December-27-2014, 23:20 (This post was last modified: December-27-2014 23:33 by sma.)
I could have posted a new thread but this older thread most-closely described my main issue with our brand new Cube (son's Christmas gift). Quite frustrating issue as others have seen in this thread where most times, when turning the cube on, the LED stays on Orange and we cant take movies or pictures. Sometimes when we turn it on it will be green and we can take a few movies or pictures but always soon after turns steady orange again and then we can't take any pictures or videos. Only thing we can do is turn it off and on and it is still then orange again.

This is very frustrating. We are using a brand new Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC card Class 10 (the newest version of this SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card Up to 48MB/s - SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A [Newest Version]) that Amazon even recommends to be purchased with the Cube on its site. I see above that others believe there is a compatibility issue with the Cube and Sandisk Ultra.

I've reformatted the sandisk ultra sdcard in a computer (using Quick Format) and it did not fix the issue. Then I reformatted the sdcard using the very long formatting process. It seemed to work for a little while (10 minutes of taking several pictures and a couple very short videos) but then it started doing the same thing (I powered it down once and powered it up again and the LED turned solid orange again and could not take any more pictures or videos).

I then tried another no-name microSDHC sdcard that I had, formatted it first in a computer, and the same thing.. the cube worked for a very short time of a few pictures and 1 short video and then (not even powering it down and on) just pushing the button to take another picture - the LED turned orange. So that would seem to eliminate the Sandisk microSDHC card, at least in my case. Unless there is an issue with both cards.

I sent most of above in an email to customer support, but they don't open again for the holidays until Monday 12/29/14. So basically this thing is a brick for now. So frustrating. I hope to discuss or get a follow up from them soon.

In addition to above, I'm returning the strap mount for Cube. On the first closing of the plastic clamp on the strap, it cracked. We also have the suction mount with the waterproof case - does anyone else find the 2 buttons used to release the waterproof case from the suction mount to be very hard to engage (to remove)? I'm a capable individual but I find them quite difficult to engage to remove the case from the mount. Not sure if I just got a bum version of that too.

BTW, here is an amazon reviewer who posted a video of the same issue I'm seeing (and others in this thread): here.
Find all posts by this user
March-27-2015, 23:03
I've been meaning to get back here after my post above. Here is what I found now that I have a working Cube since January... (a portion of what I sent to customer service of my debugging efforts is below):

I just wanted to try and help Polaroid tech support with future customers as I think I'm on to what may be consistent with the issue. I seem to be fine now after a new Cube. But here is what I found. First, what I did.... At the customer service representative's suggestion, I first exchanged the Sandisk Ultra microSD card for the brand recommended by Polaroid (the Transcend Premium 300x). That did not fix my Cube. What I started to notice (and called in to tell someone there) is that both the Sandisk Ultra 32G and the new Transcend both seemed to work fine when the back cover was not on but as soon as I closed the back Cube circle cover, I would start getting the Orange light issue. What I then noticed, is that with my particular Cube, the SD card sticks out a bit in the back... just a small amount. This was either with the Sandisk Ultra or the Transcend. I could then reproduce the orange LED issue by leaving the back cover off but holding the back of the SD card with slight pressure like I think the back circle cover was doing on my cube.

I then took the next step of initiating an exchange with my retailer of this defective Cube for another. That new one arrived this week. I inserted the Transcend card and I noticed that the card did NOT extend out as far as it did in my first Cube. I did not take the time to try the Sandisk but I think that in my case the issue is less about an incompatibility with particular SD card and more likely that my original cube had a defect where the SD card just extended slightly too far in the back and the circle plug/cover hits it and caused the issue.

My guess is that some early Cube models had an SD card slot issue where the SD card did not insert far enough. At least this is what I noticed between the first (problematic) and 2nd (fine) Cubes I had.
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies Views: Last Post
  Orange light not turning on nm12345 0 1,018 November-20-2016 17:17
Last Post: nm12345
  camera blinking orange and red pbevilaqua 1 1,943 May-10-2016 19:48
Last Post: pbevilaqua
  Red light and long steady beep - won't take photo Digzmania 0 2,155 June-24-2015 01:24
Last Post: Digzmania
  Steady blinking Orange light when turned on. mvg5279 0 3,253 April-12-2015 19:52
Last Post: mvg5279
  Orange blinking light and can't find on computer person 2 5,773 February-09-2015 15:48
Last Post: fangrex

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All rights reserved. Do not copy our content without permission.
We are not responsible for a content published by users.

To contact us by mail use: 4023 Kennett Pike 52943 | Wilmington | DE | 19807